Monday, June 22, 2015

The Serpent is Wise

Matthew 10
16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. 17 But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues; 18 And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles. 19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. 20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you. 21 And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death. 22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Be wise as serpents in the midst of wolves. The serpent has poison in its fangs so that is a warning to the wolves. When you have found the kingdom of God and become educated or you developed the talent God has given you, you now have the tools to be successful. Then you become politicians, leaders in all kind, athletes and celebrities. Criticisms will always be there but if you hold on to your good values and talent, you will not get bankrupt. When listening to people, listen if they are speaking of wisdom regardless of age. Kids can teach you a lesson. An adult can teach you a lesson. Rich and poor people teaches you a lesson. Religions and countries teaches you a lesson. So see things in perspective.

And Matthew refers to doves which are flying free. They see the lands below which gives them a good perspective. Narrow-minded people are doves in cages or pigeon-holes.

Another meaning of the serpent is the symbol for medicine. Be like a serpent who heals. Share encouragement, criticism and love that heals.



Footprints in the Sand


One night I dreamed a dream.
As I was walking along the beach with my Lord.
Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
One belonging to me and one to my Lord.

After the last scene of my life flashed before me,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that at many times along the path of my life,
especially at the very lowest and saddest times,
there was only one set of footprints.

This really troubled me, so I asked the Lord about it. 
"Lord, you said once I decided to follow you,
You'd walk with me all the way.
But I noticed that during the saddest and most troublesome times of my life,
there was only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me."

He whispered, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you
Never, ever, during your trials and testings.
When you saw only one set of footprints,
It was then that I carried you."


God is love. Anyone who shown you love at the saddest and most troublesome times of your life is your savior. But do not go away from the guidelines of the Bible for there are many kinds of love. Marrying is between a man and a woman only. The trials I will give you are easy because time flies. You can be a good citizen without marrying.

Let us be saviors to those who need saving.


No comments:

Post a Comment