Friday, June 5, 2015

K to 12

I am opposed to K-12 in the Philippines meaning 12 years of primary and secondary school before applying for a university. This will delay the development of young talents. The government can ask professionals what exactly the skills they learned from universities that they use in their current work. I remember we randomly talked about this with peers I guess or friends and we have difficult time enumerating.

This also makes students dependent more on the parents because they do not have diplomas yet to apply for work. I think the Philippines just needs a mind-shift and let them work to earn their tuition. Or at least let them help a little so they will learn how to work at young age and how to value money. I think the government just focus on the current curriculum and the quality of teachers.

Believe it or not, the learning happens on the workplace.

See this story when me and my co-workers were at the restaurant, they asked this Australian lady to join us. You can notice her quickly because according to her she stands six feet. So we learned she works as some kind of journalist and before that she works as a waitress. And that I guess is not uncommon in Western-influenced countries. Its time to push our people so they would not grow up to be spoiled brats. We want independent minded people.

No comments:

Post a Comment