Sunday, June 21, 2015

Helpful Info

For those in engineering:

1. Found this in an old book. In computing for the weight of steel, use the formula 0.006165 x d^2 where d is diameter of the steel section in millimeters. For 10mm diameter steel bars, 0.006165 x 10 x 10 = 0.617 kilograms per linear meter which is your unit weight. For 12mm Ø, 0.888 kg/m, 16mm Ø, 1.578 kg/m and so on.

The reason I shared this is that I am working on my first project. I'm doing the estimates and the information above is helpful because you don't need tables. Also I said before its better to delegate responsibilities so the work runs more smoothly. The drawings and design I paid someone for it. While I will be responsible for the estimates, land surveying and supervision of construction.

No comments:

Post a Comment