Tuesday, June 9, 2015

High Risk, High Reward

High risk, high reward
High risk, low reward
Low risk, high reward
Low risk, low reward

I'm a retired Fantasy Basketball manager and these are the main concepts floated around by fellow managers. In dealing for players, these are like your sacred commandments. You watch some scouting and prepare for Excel files. I retired when I won two championships the same year - one in Rotisserie or Roto and one in Head to Head.

Basically I have same lineup for the two teams. In roto you must know that there are maximum 82 games if I remember correctly for every position so planning is more important. I trailed half the tournament but I know I am doing fine cause others they max their games while I pick my games. So after the midway season of the NBA, I get the lead and never relinquished it.

Meanwhile the contrast in Head to Head League, because there is a playoff here unlike the roto league. I have to survive three 5-4 series to win the crown. The finals matchup, I even congratulated my opponent because the score stands 4-4 and I was ahead barely by one assist in the last category. He gets another assist, I lose cause he has the higher seeding. And his active player is a pointguard throwing dimes. So the halftime of the game, I gave up and congratulated my opponent. Holy shit. The player gets benched in the second half. I won. My opponent writes a rant on busersports about a Cautionary Tale.

I guess this can also be applied to anything - life, career, love, business. etcetera.

Like in what I learned from a game show in Arirang TV. They say synergy means 1+1 equals to infinity. Say the duets we seen earlier, in the joining of two cultures, they touch more lives than they have in their solo songs.

This is the truth, see below:



In terms of religion, for me the Roman Catholic is low risk, high reward cause you have freedom and security in this religion. In terms of political system, I would say it is also a low risk, high reward system cause of the freedom and security you have. One asks which is the best religion? To this I say, follow the Bible as a guide and go on unto perfection. The essence of the Bible is love and to the religions that teaches love which is faith, hope and charity follows the kingdom of God. The best political system -  one that teaches love which is faith, hope and charity follows the kingdom of God.

I am talking about freedom allowed in the Bible. First of all, 1 man and 1 woman shall be joined together as one. As united one meaning you agree on things while you have your own identities. Same can be said when two different religions are united while having their own identities.

Security is when your leader has qualities as that described in the Bible. Below is a checklist of the qualities but where can you find a leader which has all these qualities? This you can answer.
1 Timothy 3
1 This is a true saying, if a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.    2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach; 3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous; 4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity; 5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?) 6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil. 7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.
So you check if your leaders or would-be leaders have these qualities. Say the person has almost all of the qualities is a low risk, high reward type. If you check only three qualities then that is high risk, low reward. You are not kids anymore, you decide for yourself.

As you can see, I'm big NBA fan. USA All-stars. KD, CP3 at the FT line.



No comments:

Post a Comment