Monday, April 13, 2015

The world of anime

Samurai X is my favorite, the reformed Kenshin in his travels and with his reverse-edged sword to avoid killing people. With reformed I mean he was known as Battousai the slasher in the previous era where there was civil war. You should see the Ninja Scrolls movie as well because it was a precursor to Naruto. Naruto I mentioned already, got hooked with it. I think the battle versus Pain was the best. Detective Conan is another anime I am fond of. And of course Slam dunk the basketball anime, with Sakuragi, Rukawa, Akagi the flyswatter, Miyagi the pointguard and Mitsui the shooter. I just love this anime that I actually made a blog called Slam dunk overload with the characters and teams in comparison to the NBA. How can I forget Voltes V when I am always reminded of it since I was young. It translates to Borutesu Paibuni. I also watched Bioman growing up. This said, this reminds me of Tado and Erning of Strangebrew when they sort of danced to Bioman theme posing as fire-fighters complete with a fire-truck. That was really funny. Ramon Bautista and Jun Sabayton also played as thugs in this show.

Japanese culture has been a big influence to me. I studied Aikido but only as a white belter. My brother has completed the black belt training and he taught me the locks and grips and throws. The band Ikimono Gakari is a favorite of mine, what a voice. Of course the master composer Akira Yamaoka of the Silent Hill fame. I think I have seen just about every version of Silent Hill theme on Youtube. I love the sound of the mandolin. I think its similar to a bandurria which my mom plays. From watching all these anime and docus, I think a japanese house would be nice with granite fountains. I also love the paper lanterns like in the photo below.



No comments:

Post a Comment