Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Learning from the masters

Lets just say, these persons influenced me one way or another. 


Dan Brown
The picture above was taken from his facebook. This sums up what I been trying to say about religion. Instead of applying the religious texts as the literal truth, we must use our intuition, logic and our conscience in arriving at the meaning. Like when King Herod ordered the killing of babies in hope of killing the baby Jesus. Do we accept that as a literal fact automatically? Nope let us remember that Jesus is in the image of God who is knowledge. So we look back in history when there is a destruction of knowledge. Like the destruction of the great library of Alexandria which they say contained 700,000 scrolls! Dan Brown's novels are well-thought of and really thought-provoking. Here's looking forward to the new book.

Roger Federer
Federer is an absolute wizard and his racket is his magic wand. I mean I studied his game and strategies and just be amazed. I been watching the game since I was a kid but only recently I have the opportunity to actually play the game. Of course every one ages, its hard to deal with time. Today Novak Djokovic is carrying the torch of tennis - his best asset is the return of serve just like Andre Agassi. Game has evolved and most players are baseliners nowadays. I wonder whether they can take on the serve and volley of Pete Sampras. Sampras, Agassi, Federer, Djokovic - the best in my generation at the moment. Nadal, Murray and Wawrinka have to up their games to get to that level.

Jeffrey Bennett
His writing in Beyond UFOs made me understand the physics and dynamics going on in outer space. Like researchers approximate the composition of planets and exo-planets with their colors based on the elements found on earth. What if there are different elements in outer space. But I am just a beginner on this. Currently reading his book Life in the Universe. I hope I go to outer space someday, probably a commercial flight together with a nutty passenger. http://www.jeffreybennett.com/

Vince Carter
Its just a coincidence we have same initials. His dunks are amazing, I think my favorite would be the one in the fastbreak, he reverse spin in mid-air and the stuff. That was electric. I even made a story about VC-15 being transported to the 15B.C. VC of course wears jersey #15. I actually made a 16-page picture story about him doing a commercial but never got around to sending it via mail. Story goes he is dunking in practice when he suddenly warped into space. At 15B.C. ancient people are playing basketball-like game with a basket attached to a beam 15ft high. One of them throws a leather ball towards the basket. Looks like it will overshoot when Vince comes from nowhere, catches the ball in mid-air, does a windmill and finishes with a tomahawk dunk. Cheers were heard all over.





No comments:

Post a Comment