Tuesday, March 31, 2015

These days (4)

Honor Thy Father and Mother
Ephesians 6:2 Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise;) Of course, we have to respect our biological parents. But in this commandment, God is also referring to people who have been good influences to you whether they are older or younger than you. It doesn't matter if they live in a white house or make-shift houses. To honor them, one must continue going the right path.

The Beautiful Ones
The Filipino men and women in Palau is a collection of good looking people. There are also East Asians, Americans, Europeans coming by boatloads on the weekends and of course, the locals. I mean I see most of them lookers everywhere - in the streets, shops and the basketball gym. Okay I may be overly exaggerating because there's also less lookers and some are fat people. However its quite boring there because there were no magic shows or an animal zoo where I can see a fox.

Election time
Again it depends on your intuition, logic and conscience. Don't let anyone influence you in your voting. Three points of view. Whats your gut feel? What does the statistics say? Follow your heart.

On Tattoos
I think the whole chapter of Leviticus 19 is about idolatry. In verse 28 Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

I think this is not literal. It just means do not glorify the dead or corrupted people but rather follow the Lord or the good word or knowledge. It might seem that this is self-serving because I have a tattoo myself. But I really think its just a matter of good taste. For me I want my tattoo hidden while others think otherwise. Many people don't want any. That is well and good because its your choice. HOWEVER if you are gonna tattoo 666 on your forehead for everyone to see, that is just unsightly and obstinate.



Happy April Fool's Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment