Saturday, May 9, 2015

Solace in books and music

I love books. The smell of the paper, how I search through them or just trolling in the shops. Usually with recommendations like best-sellers etcetera. I think Flowers for Algernon and A Little Princess were recommended to me in high school. I occasionally flip to the pages of those books to see a particular scene. I am a slow reader so short stories appeal to me more. However if the novels are well-written, the pages just fly. Like in the case of all books from Dan Brown and Scott Turow. From Michael Crichton, I love The Great Train Robbery and Timeline. From Arthur Hailey, I read hotel and Strong Medicine in an instant. I am fascinated with the Detective genre so naturally I follow religiously the stories of Sherlock Holmes. I was also surprised to know that Ian Fleming's 007 series is superbly written. As I said writers nowadays are copying about seventy five percent of the works of the past but they are interesting nonetheless cause they add their personal touch in the remaining 25% that makes it unique I guess. Even George Lucas read a lot of scifi books to create his Star Wars. Feeling tired atm, will probably add something later.

Solace in music
Finally found the song! Rock and ballads are my kind of music and occasionally mainstream like Heart Attack from Demi Lovato. Got a terrible LSS on this for weeks already. I thought the refrain goes 'flyyyyy' that is why I cannot find it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AByfaYcOm4A

No comments:

Post a Comment